Sunday, April 7, 2013

Widzinski Reading Lesson Overview


Reading Lesson Overview:
1.     My two students I am working with are Nate* and Amanda*. My MT and I went over their reading scores in different areas, and I chose them because their scores were the lowest. They struggled with comprehension the most. Because they struggled with comprehension, I wanted to read them a book and focus on the Common Core that related the illustrations to the events that took place in the story. I believe that this will help Nate and Amanda to comprehend the events by tying them into the pictures on the page.
2.     I read Briggs and Forbes article, Orientation to a New Book: More than a Picture Walk. This article provided good examples for questions to ask my target students prior to reading to get them oriented to the book. The examples they gave will help with Nate and Amanda’s overall comprehension of the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment