Sunday, April 14, 2013
Week 14- McLean (response)
From the eyes of a potential parent, I understand that my child has made improvements from the start of the year. It is reassuring to know that they have made some positive progress. I also know that my child is struggling to make connections between the sounds and the letters of the alphabet. I read that you, the teacher, believes in differentiated instruction and that you want to help my child. It was helpful that you explained the term differentiated instruction so that I knew exactly what you were talking about. In addition, I am under the impression that my child is not being singled out or are the only child struggling. You made it clear that they are not alone and they are going to be provided help. I also learned that his needs will be met in the classroom. You made sure to say that he will be put in groups with students who have a similar skill level to him. You said that this will help him improve his skills and feel less intimidated to gain these skills. He will also have time to work one-on-one with the teacher and there will be less complex texts used with the students while these skills are being developed. All these things were clearly communicated, however I still have a few main questions that need to be answered. These include the following: What will you be doing specifically with my child to help them improve (such as strategies or techniques)? How can I help them at home?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment